Thursday, December 30, 2010

Sparkling with wit, beauty and heartfelt wisom

I had the dentist appointment this morning and everything went really well. No cavities but I do have a cracked tooth and that's why one of my molars has been so sensitive to hot and cold. :( It's going to cost me a pretty penny, but I need to get it taken care of, eventually. Maybe not as soon as I'd like but hopefully within the next couple of months.

Since then I've gotten quite a bit of stuff done around the house. I did the dishes, changed the garbage, and showered. I even changed light bulbs in the kitchen and foyer area! I put away my laundry and put on makeup even though I probably won't leave the house tonight. The streets are apparently quite icy and I don't really want to do anything besides lay in bed, read, and watch Say Yes to the Dress.
I'm awesome, no?

I got a few of my textbooks in the mail today. I can't wait to read Their Eyes Were Watching God for my Later American Lit class. I can't believe that after this Lit class, I only have one more English class to take before I fulfill my English requirements. I'm kind of sad because Literature is my passion but I'm also excited to begin all of my education classes and then graduate and student teach! And then go into the Peace Corps and then do grad school and so on and so forth. I'm just really excited for this next semester to start.
The interim class that starts on Monday would be really exciting if it were a lecture class. I'm one of those weird ones who love to sit in class and lose myself in thoughts and notes and the professor's explanations and insights. I don't really like doing group projects or other things like that. This class I'm taking is going to be halfway in the classroom and halfway around Sioux Falls and the surrounding area. We'll be going to the Pavillion for an art exhibit, the Symphony, a dinner theatre, and so on. I love to do all of those things, but on my own time. I want to do those things with people I know and who appreciate it. Not a bunch of strangers. Who knows, maybe the class will surprise me.

Things on the break-up front are going better and better. I kind of felt lonely today and started to miss Justin because he usually had Thursdays off and we would hang out. Sadly, I was alone. I should really get out of the house because I'm feeling a little down. But I'm so tired. I didn't sleep well again last night and had to wake up early for the dentist. Plus, that would mean I would have to get dressed and go start my car to thaw it out of the ice block that I'm sure it's in.

Oh well. Tomorrow is New Year's so I'll definitely have no choice but to go out. For now, I'm going to eat some pizza and get under my covers, read, and watch this preposterous television show.

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment