Sunday, January 2, 2011

Once your secrets are out in the open, you don't have to hide behind them

New Years Eve was complete with new beginnings, happy drunk meanderings, and careless chatter. I had a small handful of friends over to my apartment and we toasted and laughed. My mother and her boyfriend also joined us. It was wonderful.

Right now I'm laying in bed, watching The Science of Sleep. Later I'm going to hang out with Courtney and then to bed I will go. I start class tomorrow. I'm excited but also a little depressed because I'd much rather lay in bed all day, go to work, and hang out with friends.

This break has been good. Two solid weeks of unadulterated fun. But these two weeks have also felt like an eternity. I don't do well with down time. That sounds so silly to say, but I function better when I'm busy. It helps me move on and keep moving. I'm also excited to get back on my regular schedule of going to bed early, waking up early, and getting things done during the day time. My back is starting to hurt from laying in bed all the time.

Today I went to lunch with my aunt and then went on an afternoon drive. I listened to Pete Yorn and had a wonderful time by my lonesome. I am beginning to relish these times being all alone. I thought that after the breakup I would be alone a whole lot more. I'm not complaining about seeing my friends and family and being social, but I never got around to finishing the book or studying for the Praxis. I still have another month before the semester starts but I'm sure I'll be busy trying to keep up my interim class and seeing friends before they head back to their respective home-away-from-homes. I'm sure once I get into the swing of things again I'll be longing for this time.

"Waiting for a bottle of truth. I'm just a lonely girl in my youth."

Anyways, I feel a little bland. Dull. I have for a while now. These wanderings of my brain on this blog are incredibly lackluster. Oh well. It is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment